i-CLAD EXTERIOR RS
i-Clad Exterior RS Safety Glass is a coloured glass cladding panel designed specifically for use in rainscreen applications. Manufactured in our state-of-theart factory it is available in eight standard colours. i-Clad Exterior RS combines our own unique i-Enamel glass technology and fuses this with an Nvelope NV10 frame system to provide a fully versatile rainscreen cladding solution.
Once the glass has passed through the full manufacturing and curing process, our i-Enamel becomes fully opaque, so you cannot see any adhesive or substrate when bonded. The process increases the integrity of the glass and makes it highly resistant to impacts and scratches. It is water resistant and therefore ideal for use in areas that are subjected to high water penetration.
By using our unique i-Glass Technology, we ensure that i-Clad Exterior RS complies to BS EN 12150* - the highest grade of 1B.1 Safety Standard. It is also tested to BS EN 12600 (impact tested) and BS EN 13501-1 A1 rated (fire resistance tested). In addition, i-Enamel is guaranteed for 10 years not to suffer peeling or crackles under normal condition of use.
Our i-Clad Exterior RS Glass is extremely versatile and can be quickly adapted in our factory to accommodate various other external cladding fixing systems.
i-Clad Exterior RS is mainly used as an external cladding system:
- High Rise Buildings and Apartments
- Offices, Factories
- Shopping Malls, Retail Outlets
- Leisure Centres
Our glass range can be used as wall covering to provide a contemporary alternative to traditional building envelope solutions such as brick, concrete and timber etc.
- Safety glass which is up to five times stronger than annealed glass
- Stock availability of eight standard colours giving fast turnaround
- Factory bonded Nvelope NV10 rail system to allow all year round site fixing
- Fully opaque with no pinholes or show through
- Colour is fused into the glass giving an intense depth of colour and is UV stable
- Can be back-lit to show logos or text that have been etched into the glass
- Panels are water resistant
- Panels may also be supplied without fixing profiles if required
- Optional Clearshield coating to help with ease of cleaning
- Glass Substrate: Toughened glass
- Glass thickness: 6mm
- Sizes: Maximum Panel size is 3000mm x 1500mm
- Panel weight: 15kg per m2 without fixing system
- Structural Adhesion: Tested and fully approved to CQP0003.1 standards by Sika UK and Dow Corning as suitable for structural bonding application
- Wind loading: Data as per 6mm glass toughened to EN12150-1 standards.
- Light transmittance: Zero
- Impact resistance: Tested and complies with BSEN 12600 1(B)1 – for use in critical glazing areas
- Thermal Insulation: System design can allow build in insulation to required U values
- Fire Resistance: Tested in accordance with EN 13501-1 classified as A1 (non- combustible)