i-Enamel is a thermally toughened glass which has had a colour baked into the rear face of the glass. The enamelling process ensures the colour is always uniform and vivid. I-Enamel is extremely hard wearing and durable, which allows it to be used both in internal and external applications.
Once the glass has passed through the full manufacturing and curing process, i-Enamel becomes fully opaque, so you cannot see any adhesive or substrate when bonded. This process adds strength to the glass and is also highly resistant to impacts and scratches. i-Enamel is also moisture resistant, therefore ideal for use in wet areas like swimming pools, health spas, changing rooms, public restrooms, domestic bathrooms and kitchens. By using our unique i-Glass Technology we ensure that i-Enamel complies to BS EN 12150* - the highest grade of 1B.1 Safety Standard. It is also tested to BS EN 12600 (impact tested) and BS EN 13501-1 A1 rated (fire resistance tested).
In addition, i-Enamel is also guaranteed not to suffer peeling or crackles under normal condition of use for up to 10 years.
i-Enamel has numerous applications and can be used both internally and externally:
- Leisure Centres, Health Spas, Swimming Pools
- Retail Outlets, Shoppping Centres
- Airports, Railway Stations, Public Concourse Areas
- Restaurants, Fast Food Shops
- Kitchens, Bathrooms, Wet Rooms
- Mechanical properties are unchanged by temperatures up to 300ºC and unaffected by temperatures up to 200ºC
- Conforms to EN12150 standard and 1B.1 safety standard
- Water resistant
- Withstands thermal shocks, making it ideal for a large choice of applications
- Resistance to UV
- Manufactured and processed in-house at the Mega Glass factory providing flexibility and fast turnaround
- Complies to BS EN 12150* - the highest grade of 1B.1 Safety Standard for thermally toughened glass
- Impact tested to BS EN 12600* standards
- EN 13501-1 A1* resistance to fire
- Resistance against sudden temperature changes
- Maximum panel size up to 3000 x 1800 mm
i-Enamel is easy to install. It can be installed with all standard low modular adhesives and construction silicons including Sika. Due to its opaque appearance, any silicon or subsrate will not be visible.
i-Enamel has been fully tested for bonding (standard adhesion test CQP 003-1); the report summary states ‘Excellent adhesion was achieved to coated glass panels with construction adhesive’.*
*Copies of the test report available on request