I-Light is another great example of our iGlass Technology® innovation and gives architects and specifiers even more choice when designing spaces that need extra light sources. Utilizing thermally managed LED lighting sheet technology, glass and our own fully framed system we are able to provide back-lit splashbacks and also larger glass display panels up to 3000 x 1500mm.
i-Light uses our unique IG 165/465 white glass or our own toughened safety glass which can be printed with a translucent image.
The back light source uses a patented 3D V-cutting technology, where a clear PMMA acrylic is etched with a uniform matrix and cut to a specified shape and size. Thermally managed LEDs in a range of Kelvin colour temperatures or with RGB colour-changing properties are then securely embedded into the sheet in a second patented technique which ensures the unit is robustly constructed and runs cool to the touch.
The etched matrix acts as a vehicle to transport light from the LEDs across the surface of the panel to deliver homogeneous illumination.
We then overlay the white glass or printed glass LED light panel and secure it within an aluminum framework to create the finished i-Light.
The i-Light can be created to suit internal installations and fitted with lighting controllers to comply with the aesthetic requirements of each project.
i-Light has numerous applications and can be used both internally and within commercial applications:
- Kitchen splashbacks, under-lit bathroom vanity top
- Leisure centres
- Windowless basement areas
- Lift cars and lobbies
- Hotel, office and apartment entrance foyers
- Reception desks – tops and/or kick boards
Lit either by LED light sheets or LED strips and available both in unframed and fully framed option our light sheets are available in a large number of options. Our lighting expert will work with you to identify the best option for your project and manage the process throughout. Each item is hand crafted at our factory to ensure quality control at every level.
- Unjointed `panels up to 3000 x 1200 with consistent light across the panel
- Sequential panels can be joined using Angel Tape® to create uninterrupted flow
- Single white (cool white 6400K, neutral white 4100K and warm white 3000K options available) as well as 2 colour changing options RGB and 4 whites (warm, neutral, rose white and cool)
- Lightweight, approximately 20mm deep in total
- Fronted with our exclusive IG 165/465 glass that allows maximum light output with absolute obscurity to LEDs.
- Several glass finishes available including pure white gloss glass, interlayer glass with interlay colour of choice or fabric interlayer sandblasted or digitally image printed.
- Plug and play with remote control or hard-wired into electrics
- Fully framed option in 2mm powder white coated aluminium frame with 19mm capping along long sides (other colours available on request)
- Constant voltage LED Driver, low profile (fit through 8mm gaps), lightweight plastic case
- Can be used up to 12 hours a day at an operating temperature of -30° to +40°C