i-CLAD SAFETY GLASS
i-Clad Safety Glass was developed via our own iGlass Technology>®</sup> innovation to offer the industry a safe, certified and cost effective alternative for thermal toughened glass, which is now required by regulation for most building or construction projects due to its increased strength and safety characteristics.
Our i-Clad Safety Glass delivers some of the highest tolerances and strength capabilities available for 6mm laminated safety glass, reaching the highest grade of 1B.1 Safety Standards (equivalent to toughened glass). It has also attained safety certifications BS EN 12600 (impact test) and BS EN 1288-2:2000 (strength test)
Mega Glass is able to cut to size from stock various lengths in its state-of-the-art factory and can ensure delivery to site via its own logistics department.
Additionally i–Clad Safety Glass can be manufactured to include a bespoke backing colour, plus, the option to have a satin or texture finishes applied.
i-Clad Safety Glass is extremely workable on site too and is quickly becoming a sustainable option for architects and specifiers who want to ensure total compliance within tight budgets and timeframes.
i-Clad Safety Glass can be used both internally and externally.
- Airports, Stations, Museums
- Offices, Hotels, Schools
- Leisure Centres and Gyms
- Commercial Kitchens and Bathrooms
- 6mm safety glass and mirrors
- Available in 20 standard colours from stock and several mirrors including standard and low iron, silver mirror, satinated mirrors, rose-gold and classic gold mirrors
- Available in textured finishes
- Fast turnaround
- Cost effective option with value engineering savings
- Laminated to 1B1 safety standard (equivalent to toughened)
- Retains integrity should a breakage occur
- Quality and consistency of colour
- Workable on site
- No show-through with adhesive
- 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects when bonded to an MDF substrate
- The results show that the i-Clad Safety Glass samples tested are comparable in terms of bending strength to 6mm toughened glass when the surface of the glass is in both tension and compression.
- The results show that the i-Clad Safety Glass samples tested are comparable in terms of bending strength to 8mm toughened glass when the surface of the glass is in compression only.
- The i-Clad Safety Glass samples were able to accommodate a significant amount of deflection under load of a magnitude similar to 4mm toughened glass. This characteristic should make the glass more durable in service with a much lower chance of failure than standard 6mm toughened glass.
i-CLAD COLOUR OPTIONS
The i-CLAD range comes in three unique and stylish finishes with a wide range of colour options to suit your requirements. Most colours are held in stock. All other colours can be sourced within three weeks subject to requirements.